Guarantee Trust Bank Security Token
What is a token?
A token is a security device issued by banks to give optimal and accurate protection against online or offline fraud and theft by fraudsters and hackers who engage in the act. The Token is widely used because it grants customers a full access to their various accounts with the bank.
It performs a 3rd party online transfer and payment through Guarantee Trust Bank Internet Banking System which makes it more accessible in the global world
Features of GTBank Security Token
- Sell foreign currencies from your domiciliary account(s) to the bank.
- Pay for your HITV subscription.
- Pay for your US Visa fee
- Transfer to any GTBank account and other banks in Nigeria
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Book flight tickets on the following Airlines (British Airways/Iberia, Alitalia Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Aviareps-Afriqiyah Airways)
- Place a standing order on your account
- Pay for your phone bills (MTN postpaid) and internet services (Starcomms)
How to Activate New Guaranty Trust Bank Token Device
- The Token becomes activated immediately after 24hours of obtaining it from the bank.
- GTBank Internet System creates a platform were token registration is done typing your username, old account number and your unique password.
- Go to the settings and help menu on your left.
- Type in the Token ID without including hyphen (-). For instance (4567433) just at the space provided, click “Acknowledge” then tap on “Continue”. Check the numbers encrypted at the back of your token- white panel.
- A message would be delivered to you by GTBank, congratulating you for completing the acknowledgement process. This is enhanced through GTBank SMS banking.
- Proceed with the online transfer immediately through the GTBank mobile app or Internet banking System.
How to use a Guarantee Trust Bank Security Token
The Guarantee Trust Bank Security Token is obtained when:
- Processing Cash/Draft In transit
- Conducting FX transfers
- Making FX Sales
- Generating secure codes
- Adding more service options on our Internet Banking platform (add service)
- Transferring money from your account to another GTBank account or to other banks etc.
Note: When the transactions are made, you will be demanded of 6-numerical digits code in a well-designed position in order to enhance validation and conclusion of transactions. The code can be obtained by pushing the white button on the security token device.
What happens if you don’t activate the New GTbank Security Token before using it?
When one fails to activate the token device online, the device generates an internal server error which keeps on popping up to the view of the token owner on his/her GTBank mobile App. Don’t forget that you can as well add the receivers details but you can’t successfully make a transfer using the token security device.
Benefits of GTBank Security Token
- You can send money to family and friends and make payments from a computer and web-enabled mobile phone
- The token is the latest in banking security technology which uses a 128 bit data encryption to protect your account details
- There is no need to visit a branch. With a security token you can carry out online transactions anywhere in the world.
- The security token always generates a random code for every transaction thereby making it impossible for another person to carry out online transactions from your account.