GTBank SMS Banking
The GTBank SMS banking service makes it possible for customers to gain access to banking services through their mobile phones. This is achieved through SMS messaging.
The SMS banking services creates a close link between banks and customers such that to any new dealings or reformed viable information’s developed to be known by customers, quickly gets to them. Customers can also keep watch on their bank accounts to know when unauthorized charges or withdrawals are made.
Steps Involved in GTBank SMS Banking Services
- For Internet Banking Password Reset – Send ibank (NUBAN Account Number) to 08076665555
- g iBank 0123456789 to 08076665555
- For Airtime Purchase:Send “Network Amount (NUBAN Account Number’) to 08076665555
- g MXX 1000 0123456789 to 08076665555
- For Balance Enquiry:Send “Balance (NUBAN Account Number).” to 0807666555
- g Balance 0123456789 to 08076665555
- To block your lost, stolen or compromised card– Send ‘HOTLIST ( NUBAN Account Number) to 08076665555 E.g HOTLIST to 08076665555
- For Gens subscription:Send “Gens (NUBAN Account Number)” to 08076665555
- g Gens 0123456789 to 08076665555
- For Account Number Confirmation – Send ‘My Account’ to 08076665555
- g My Account to 08076665555
Please note the following:
- NUBAN – Nigerian Uniform Bank Account Number and is usually in ten digit
- Any request sent with the wrong format or from the wrong mobile number will return with error messages.
- Use your telephone number that is registered with the bank
Features of SMS Banking
GTBank SMS banking, offers customers the following Services;
- Reset Internet Banking Password
- Purchase Airtime
- Request for Account Number Confirmation
- Subscribe to GeNS
- Check your account balances on the go Balance Enquiry
Importance of SMS Banking Services
- Accessibility: This service can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
- Convenience: No more queues in confirming account balances
- Safety: Safe and secure means of banking transactions
- Reliability: it’s quite reliable when it comes to making necessary transactions
- Credibility: the most credible means of reaching the customers and passing out necessary information’s on bank updates is through SMS banking service.
Limitations to SMS Banking in GTBank
- Bank customers may make complaints of phone loss and as such can’t be reached by bank through SMS.
- Unstable network service could cause delay in message delivery.
- Customers who do not possess mobile phones finds it difficult to enjoy the services provided through SMS banking.
- Illiteracy would make most customers not to appreciate the relevancy of SMS services.
- Ignorant customers always have that attitude of not abiding by most financial institutions modus operandi.